GERTIE Bus Driver Position
The GERTIE Bus drivers are the front line of the Gabriola Community Bus. We drive safely and courteously and strive to be friendly and helpful. We operate a service that is reliable and on-time. We would like to be known as the best bus service in BC.
- hold a minimum class 4 unrestricted driver’s license,
- have a clean driver’s abstract,
- have an up-to-date (less than 1 year old) criminal record check,
- be able to use modern communication devices,
- be knowledgeable about GERTIE’s routes and schedules and about Gabriola in general.
- be on time for shifts,
- perform pre-trip inspections,
- keep bus interior clean (clean dash, shifters, door handles etc., and sweep floor after shift),
- drive with care and caution so that passengers have a smooth and comfortable ride,
- be clean, presentable, courteous and friendly while driving,
- drive defensively,
- obey all rules of the road,
- attend meetings when required.
A contract driving position is available starting May 1, 2019. Please send a summary of your relevant experience and qualifications to:
email@example.com by April 15, 2019.